Monday, December 24, 2007

Greenspan

It was in 1998 (I believe) that Allan Greenspan mentioned the term "irrational exuberance". I totally agreed with him. What I didn't agree was that he said it publicly. I don't think that the governor of the Fed, or any president of Central Banks, shall go public and specially say anything that can influence the market. From that day on I have been a anti-Greenspan. I have been only one of a very few as Greenspan was put on a pedestal above any mortal. Later on I criticized Greenspan for holding interest rates too low for too long... specially just before the last presidential election, helping pres. Bush to be re-elected. Today it has been more common to read criticism to Greenspan while he was the governor of the Fed. Too bad that people look mostly at their own interests than at policies that sooner or later will affect us all. Greenspan is now retired, making millions with his books and speeches. I watched him the other day on TV... sorry folks, I can't stand him.

No comments: